Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hen-Tag Humblification

Hey All,

Last Wed. the 13th I got off work early and drove up to Heneffer to get my first run on the Weber this year. Jeff Bill Clay Buzz Dan and me met up about 5ish. I'd run this about 4 or 5 times before and the flow was an average 500 cfs.

On the first drop into the Rock Garden I thought that I had a good line on the right but I musta been too far right cause I hit a rock and flipped. I was pretty close to the side and when I tried to roll the first couple of times I was pushing up against rocks. I got a breath but was upside down again and thunking my helmet and arms and shoulders on rocks as I flushed down stream. Eventually, I remember having one hand on my paddle and sticking it up out of the water. When my helmet and other arm hit another rock I pushed off of them and flipped back up. I got both hands on the paddle and found the fist eddy. Both my hands were numb and my shoulder and neck were sore. After catching my breath I pealed out and headed down the rock garden. I flipped again but rolled back up with out incident and even flipped going into an eddy. I haven't done that for a long time. Bill kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my boat. I think that it is just a problem with what's in the seat.

Here is a video that Jeff shot of the last drop on the run. I was all settled down and back to normal by then. (orange boat and jacket)

Taggart Falls from Jeff Young on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment