Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Low Key

A couple weeks ago I was up in Evanston WY for a kayak race. I got last place out of about 30 in the time trial. I think that my time was about 4:37 and the winning time was like 4:03 or something. I got turned around in a couple eddies and that killed my time. In the boater cross I got 3rd place out of 5 in my heat. I had a better line in that one, stayed away from the big eddy that time. Here's a link to a description of the race venue at the Evanston Playpark. It was a good time except for the big thunder storm between races.

After the race I shuttled my car back down to the put in and went back to try to surf a couple of the waves by the finish line. Got all my gear on and got back in the river for a few side surfs and such. Flipped 3 or so times. When I got out my key wasn't where I normally where I clip it in to my life jacket. I checked everywhere. I think I must have set it on my boat when I was putting my gear on and forgot about it while I was getting in water. Being upside down guaranteed the keys a special place in river bed.

Miki and Trent drove up there to rescue me. That was nice of them. I felt pretty stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment