Friday, July 23, 2010

Crazy Busy Summer

Man what a crazy, busy summer this is turning out to be.

In May I formed a paddling team to compete in the Vertical Challenge to raise money for the First Descents charity for cancer patients. We took first place in the Class III division and raised about $500. Our team logged over 8000 vertical  feet. Which was a lot more than I thought we could starting out.

Then we had a family reunion for all the Allen relatives that I organized. That was a lot of work and emailing and phone calling and such. We had about 75 people show up for it. Most from Utah but some from Texas, Oregon, Maryland, Arizona, and Idaho. This is me and some cousins on a little hike up to Battle Creek Falls.

Next I had a week of summer camp to plan and shop for. My great assistant scoutmaster's wife had a baby two days before we left so I had to line up other leaders to be up there with me and the boys. It seems like we went through 10 or 12 people before we got the 6 days mostly covered. It was good to get away from everything for a week but not so good to have to nag, discipline and pick up trash after 12 boys for a week.  It was definitely a great experience for the boys and that is why we do it right!?

Next week I will be going to LA for the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference. There is always some new cool stuff to learn there.

Then in the Fall I have a new teaching assignment. So there is a whole nother set of lectures and assignments to plan, create and grade.

Busy busy! thanks for looking and please leave a comment.

Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment