Monday, September 29, 2008

grass a la glass


Hey here's a little project that I am doing in a round about way to raise money for UV united way. Everyone from work donated a good and or service into an auction and all the money bid was donated to united way. I donated a custom stained glass window. Suzy was the highest bidder and she is having me do a design with that funky grass that grows in segments. I'll call it monkey grass grass for know because there is a complete lack of right word in my brain at the moment. Anyway I got the last of the glass and the copper foil Saturday and put a few hours in on it while listening to the KRCL radiothon (commercial free in a very narrowly defined sense of the word). Anyway I think that it is coming along nicely. Some of the thin pieces have been a pain to cut because the piece I'm trying cut out is barely wider than the glass is thick. Does anyone have a diamond wheel glass grinder that they want to donate to a good cause?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you did stained glass! It looks really awesome so far. My parents have some of that grass around our pond but I don't know what it's called either...

    ReplyDelete