Thursday, August 7, 2008

Animal Quickdraw


Hi All, Here is the latest quickdraw from work. The theme was kind of a minimalistic value sketch of an animal. When I was running the cabarton section on the Payette river about ten days ago, in a clam and remote spot, I saw a mature eagle gliding up to perch in one of the huge pine trees. Most of the paddlers on the run had seen him before and were expecting him. This was my first time and it was pretty cool.

I like the looseness of the sketch. There are a few things that bug me now that I've had some time to not look at it for a sec.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your approach to this sketch Rob! I think the quickness of the lines adds a lot to it. Looks like you stayed true to the time limit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sketchiness of it too! And I'm doubly impressed because you were able to create it in half the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The head and neck are really bugging me on this.

    ReplyDelete