Thursday, November 20, 2008

Personal Surf Spot


Last Saturday at about 4:30 I decided that I wanted to get on the Provo River by my house. For a number of weeks, I've been enhancing a small feature on the Provo River right below the Geneva Road bridge, building eddies, adding rocks to a small drop to make a wave more surfable (hopefully). There was only about 60 cfs in the river so it was pretty boney but it was good to paddle again.


By about 5:00pm I was on the river with Miki watching from the shore for "safety." Here I'm trying to paddle up into the sweet spot to do a little front surfing. The surfing is tiny but it will be fun to watch what the feature does with more water.


By about 5:30 it was getting kind of dark and time to throw a few more rocks around and then get out.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it wasn't your date night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! You got the perfect house for your hobby.

    "Throw a few more rocks around"?
    You were trying to throw rocks and paddle at the same time?? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete